Monday, April 13, 2009

Blogging from San Francisco

Arrived at San Francisco this morning at around 9AM (it's 1AM in Malaysia, the next day). Had a tough check at immigration by US Home Land Security. I was redirected to the 2nd stage. Thanks God documents, esp the invitation letter from MRS was with me at that time. But, the officer there took allllllll information about me, my family, what I'm doing, even my VISA credit card number. Maybe it's only because my name is Ahmad... what the heck!

Came to my hotel (The Pickwick San Francisco) at 5th Street (near Moscone West and SF Center) from SFO using door-to-door van, costed 16 dollars. The hotel front desk told me it would be 12 dollars if I booked with them. Actually, coming to the hotel by BART (Bay Area Railway Transit) is far cheaper, just around 3 dollar. I took the van because I have too many luggage with me, the main big bag, a long poster case, and 2 briefcase with laptop in each. One is mine for personal use, the other one is my laboratory's for the presentation on Tuesday. But, mine is old... so, it's buggy and weighty... and many documents in there which I think I need to read before the presentations.

Hmm... just returned from going out for dinner. I wen to Mehfil Indian Restaurant and 2nd street. The environment there was great! The staffs are very friendly. I've no idea which is good, so I just ordered what the guy staff recommended me. Chicken briyani as the main dish, some appetizer and a drink. The best one is mango lassi for the drink. I could say this is the best lassi I've ever drank. (Lassi is a sort of Indian juice). I even bought another one for out. Just like the guy said, "You'll be addicted to it!". Haha... it really is.

After that, went around Powell Street. It's a really nice place, with many Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Korean, Japanese restaurant around. If I didn't find Mehfil earlier, I would've dine at any restaurants here. The area is better with many people around, and tram with crowded people inside. Maybe this is the nightlife area in SF, I think (not sure though). There're many hotels around, and you're searching for a Halal restaurant, there is a Indian & Pakistani Restaurant just near the Hilton Hotel at O'Farrel Street. I saw many people inside. Nice place I think. I'll probably try this place on the other day.

Haha... nice day anyway, at least I could gasp the atmosphere here. Just to make myself convenient with this totally new place for me. And, I'm alone too... maybe I'd meet somebody at the meeting tomorrow :)



No comments: