Sunday, January 25, 2009

A full blown day of activities

Did a lot of things today.

Started X-ray-diffraction (XRD) experiments with Pum in the morning. Pum was quite busy today because he has interview for his scholarship, but I glad he was able to come to the laboratory and join me with the XRD.

He left the laboratory for his interview in the afternoon. I also left the instrument and went to International Student House for a Malaysian student meeting. Actually, I went to the meeting just to eat the free lunch... haha :) So, had to sit down and listen to their meeting, etc... and yes, MAKAN! (eat!) Haha! (Actually, they need to give free food to attract people to come... what a bad management...). Hmm... after that, went to Osu Kannon with Kucai (Osu Kannon is a very famous downtown area in Nagoya selling many computer, fashion, foods, traditional goods, etc). Bought something very nice as a souvenir to 'somebody' I will meet next month.

Also, looked for some bags for myself... for my conferences. Last year, I bought a Samsonite leather shoulder bag, but that's too big for just a commute between hotel and conference hall. I saw a Tumi bag, that's pretty nice. Light and slim, just fit to put a lightweight small laptop and a few documents. I really liked this one... but, I'll search at other places for a better price. Haha... really need that I think.

Hmm... back home at 6, and had to cleaned my house because Kucai told me that my juniors will come to my house for a 'nabe' party (like Chinese hot-pot). They came and did some shopping at a nearby Jusco/AEON, came back again and prepare with the raw foods. I prepared 'konomi-yaki', my favorite.

Our 'kimchee nabe' and 'konomi-yaki' this time were the BEST! Not only the taste, but also because we got many more members... 7 person this time. Haha... it was 'saiko'! (the best!).

Before 11 PM, I left the guys with the party and went back to laboratory to shutdown my XRD instrument. When I reached there, Pum was already at the instrument, waiting for the final (204) omega scan to finish. All measurement for today finally completed at 11:20, and we left the instrument 20 minutes later after doing the shutdown procedure. Nomura was still there doing AFM (atomic force microscopy)... I felt very sorry to him because I asked him 2 days ago to finish all growth for my LED samples which I really need for another conference... but, I cannot tolerate with excuses, that's what I hate most. (Actually, I asked him for the sample in early December, but he kept postponing the growth for my sample... I was so angry with him last 2 days when he gave me another excuses... sorry, no more tolerate this time. We're working on schedules, not on excuses...).

In life, I never wanted to be a strict man. But, when I'm too soft with them, they don't listen. That's why I like to be viewed by my junior in the laboratory as a strict guy. Whoever who know me personally will know what kind of person I am... just another man passing by you on the street, and you never turn back to see him again... hehe...

No comments: