Friday, June 13, 2008

Reporting from IMRC 2008 Chongqing (China): Day 3

Listen to presentations at session D since morning. There's a talk at 12:45 about photovoltaics by US Energy ??? Department. After that, met Liang at session D, and met Sophia during evening tea. Sophia told us about where to go for a travel / souvenir bargain... we planned for Chiqikou Ancient Town next morning.

Went to see Liang's poster during her session. She's doing about XRD on GaN stress, bandgap, etc... had a very worthful discussion about method to measuer stress using RSM. It's something I wanted to know since a few month ago... she's working with a guy from Bede XRD maker... so she must have a good knowledge about XRD, must be far better than I am. A simple comment about her... she's just like Murakami-san, my colleague at Egawa Lab a few years ago...

We had dinner in the evening at 19:00. But, I was a little late because I helped Liang with her poster... I sat with researchers/students form Chinese Academy of Science... averybody spoke in Chinese, so I was the most clueless guy in that hall (I think lah...). Seram aku dibuatnyer!

No comments: