Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Reporting from IMRC 2008 Chongqing (China): Day 2

Today, I joined the trip organized by Chongqing Science and Technology Co-operation (CSTC). The IMRC meeting itself is organized by CSTC in China, alogether with MRS in the USA. The trip started from Chongqing Exhibition and Convention Center at 13:30, when we're brought to Three Gorges Museum and Chongqing City Planning Museum. Today is my 2nd time at the Three Gorges Museum... already went there last Sunday with Songying. But this time, we make lot of jokes lah... especially among young students at the same age just like me (some are younger).

Today, I met with Sophia. Actually, she is a staff at CSTC... the one who send out the invitation letter for me a few weeks ago. How nice we can get face to face. I'm not sure one thing about Chinese girl... I think they're just too open to foreign guys like me. If they wanna took pictures, they just ask without hesitate. The opposite custome is with Japanese girls... the Japanese're more shy like Malays (in my opinion lah kan). Still wondering... maybe this only applies to Chongqing girls, because... hmmm... cannot explain too much here.

In the evening, I went out with Dr. Gadkari from Mumbai University and Sumathi from Universiti Sains Malaysia. All 3 of us bought a lot of souvenirs for our colleagues back home... maybe I bought the least because I don't want spend much on others... that's my "kedekut" policy. Nahh... normal lah, I'm a student... they're professor and lecturer. Actually, I just came back from dinner with Gadkari at Marriott Cafe downstairs. The cafe is quite good... I was charged RMB107 just for a plate of vegetable curry (with rice) and a cup of tea. Haha... dining outside is better, but most have closed when we came back from shopping. Terpaksa lahhh... (kedekut nyer aku...)

No comments: