Monday, December 08, 2008

Happy Aidiladha and Welcome :)

Tonight is a Muslim's special night because we will have Aidiladha celebration tomorrow. At 7PM last night, Malaysian students living in this city gathered and had "takbir", Islam-related talk, and dinner held at Nagoya Institute of Technology.

However, I only went for the "takbir" ceremony, as I have to take Prof. Gadkari coming from Mumbai University at Nagoya Chubu International Airport. He will attend IUMRS-ICA meeting at Nagoya Congress Center starting from Dec 9th till 12th. I departed from my university at 8PM, and arrived at the airport around 40 min later. Dr Gadkari came out of the immigration check at around 9:20PM... waahhh! Both of us were surprised to be able to meet again after almost half-a-year.

Actually, I came to know Dr. Gadkari when we were both attending MRS meeting in Chongqing, China. His work is in compound semiconductor, ... he's making the substrate to be exact. Mine is in the semiconductor growth and device... so, each of us have good interest in each other's work. He gave me a lot of advice in what I should pursuit in my research and life, and I appreciate him so so much. It's hard to find such easily approachable professor around me in Nagoya.

It's already too late now. I have to wake up early tomorrow morning as I will join my juniors to go to a special praying for Aidiladha next morning. I have to be at laboratory before and after that. In the evening, I will spend some time with Dr. Gadkari to show him some good restaurants around his hotel at Nagoya station area.

That's all for now.

You're always in my heart :) Wo ye xiang ni, Hui Hui ^^

No comments: