Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Japan Applied Physics Society Fall Meeting

Japan Applied Physics Society Fall Meeting is being held at Chubu University, not so far from Nagoya. I also went there to listen for special symposium on GaN research today. The speakers are Prof. Akasaki (Meijo Univ.), Prof. Amano (Meijyo Univ.), Prof. Shuji Nakamura (Univ. of California at Santa Barbara), and a guy from Toyoda Gosei (sorry, not remember his name) who is managing opto-electronics department there.

Frankly speaking, I've read/seen most of the contents in their presentations, but listening to their presentations gave me a perspective that they've devoted all their life for what they've done. They also have pride in what they're doing... that's very obvious. Although there's not so much I could learn from their presentation, at least their hard work gave me some glory for what I'm doing.

The most important presentation is about LED and LD on m-plane GaN which is scheduled for tomorrow at 9AM. I'll be there, for sure.

Met Prof. E* as soon as I returned to the laboratory this evening. There's a lot of thing on schedule to be done... but not to say anything here. Also got sample from Suzuki-san. And had some discussion with Nomura-san about the sample I asked him to grow on tomorrow. Now, actually, I'm doing XRD (x-ray-diffraction) scan for the sample I received from Suzuki-san just now. The characterization will finish tomorrow morning at 7:30AM (it takes 12 hour)... so tonight will be another sleepless night for me. I've to finish it before 8AM as it takes around 1 hour to go to Chubu Univ. from my university, by train and feeder-bus, to listen for the m-plane GaN LED/LD tomorrow morning at 9AM.

Okay, good luck for everybody! :)

No comments: